Spring Insight week from 18th- 21st April, 2017
About the Spring Insight Week
Are you passionate about the financial markets? Are you motivated, inquisitive and innovative? If so, join us for a Spring Insight week from 18th- 21st April.
This week will immerse you in all things Bloomberg. The focus will be on our Global Data and Financial Product Analytics & Sales departments, but you will be exposed to an array of topics. Think of anything from financial instruments and Terminal functionality to leadership and networking skills.
You will learn from some of the best instructors in the industry and will learn how to apply this knowledge in a practical, fast-paced business environment.
After attending the Insight Programme, you will come away with a comprehensive understanding of what we do and the opportunities available to you. You'll also have the chance to interview for a space on our 2018 summer internship programme!
You need to:
- Be a current university student and have two years remaining of your degree
- Be fluent in another European language (or Mandarin, Japanese or Korean), in addition to English
- Have an interest in pursuing a career in finance
- Be available to attend for the duration of the programme, 18th-21st April.
We'd love to see:
- A strong interest in the worlds of finance, data or technology
- A desire and flexibility to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong technical skills including an advanced level of Excel
- Knowledge in information technology or statistical analysis or computer programming (for example VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python)
What is Global Data?
Bloomberg runs on data. Global Data makes Bloomberg the most sought-after data source in the world. We collect, process and present data that informs clients' decisions - and moves markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes.
Teams in Global Data include Commodities; Corporate Finance; Derivatives; Equity Fundamentals; Economic Statistics; Fixed Income; FX; Funds, Syndicated Loans, Earnings Estimates, Indices and Technical Operations.
What is Financial Product Analytics and Sales?
As an intern or a graduate, you'll spend time working in both the Analytics and the Sales departments.Analytics:
Working in Analytics is about more than providing the best user experience for Bloomberg Terminal clients. We solve complex problems with accurate, real-time responses. We proactively call clients to run training sessions and explain new functionality and we consistently surpass their expectations to develop better Bloomberg users.Sales:
Our Sales team strive to maximise growth, usage and dependency on our offerings by building strong client relationships, understanding their needs, and demonstrating proven competency in the financial markets. It's crucial we stay one step ahead, pre-empting our clients' needs and presenting them with ground breaking solutions, before they even know they need them.
Have we made you curious to learn more?
If so, apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
To apply, please complete the application and upload a copy of your resume and cover letter indicating why you are interested in attending the Spring Finance Insight programme. Applications close on Friday 10th February.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.