Bloomberg Intelligence Summer Internship, July-Sept 2017
- Interships & Traineeships
What's the role?
Are you passionate about the financial markets? Are you hardworking, inquisitive, and innovative? If so, join us for a ten-week summer internship with Bloomberg Intelligence (BI), the investment research arm of Bloomberg.
During the internship you'll help conduct industry and company research. You'll also develop Bloomberg product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs, and build relationships throughout the company.
What we do in Bloomberg Intelligence:
Bloomberg runs on data. Bloomberg Intelligence (formerly known as Bloomberg Industries) takes that data and creates insight which moves financial markets. Our team of experts generates valuable written analysis, interactive charting, and functions which are published on the Bloomberg Terminal. Our work gives trading and investment professionals foresight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next. Our platform provides Industry, Company, Government, Legal and Credit research.
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting industries
- Analyze data as part of their day to day activities
- Generate a constant flow of research ideas relating to top-down, bottom-up, and credit research
- Design and maintain functional dashboards on the Bloomberg Terminal, using the most relevant and accurate data
- Develop and manage relationships with internal departments and external market professionals
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and enhance content and functionality across the terminal
What to expect from your internship opportunity:
Your internship starts with an orientation that introduces you to our culture and the Bloomberg Terminal. Then, over the summer, you'll collaborate on exciting projects that contribute to the work of our full-time Research Analysts. You'll also:
- Work closely with your line manager who will provide you with insight into the Bloomberg culture and environment, and constructive ongoing feedback
- Participate in community service projects and other intern events
- Join our online learning network for continuing education
- High performing interns will be considered for a full time role at Bloomberg (subject to interview and headcount availability.)
What we look for:
At minimum for this role, we look for candidates who:
- Are working towards a degree or equivalent qualification, preferably with a concentration in finance. Candidates with backgrounds in the real estate, auto-engineering, renewable energy or pharmaceuticals industries are encouraged to apply.
- Are in full time education, preferably in the penultimate year of study
We also require:
- Understanding and/ or prior experience in the financial markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong project management and organizational skills
In addition, these skills and experiences can help distinguish you from other candidates for this role:
- Ability to adapt to a fluid environment
- Exposure to marketing, statistics
- Commitment to extracurricular activities in addition to academic studies
- Fluency in more than one language
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, plus the drive to think creatively
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.